Sunday, November 7, 2010

Dear Aaron

Dear Aaron,
     As I drove home today, the bright evening sun reflected off of the fields of tall grass near our neighborhood. They gleamed a brilliant autumn gold and rippled as the gentle wind whispered across them. Above, miles of wispy clouds began manifesting radiant oranges and pinks as the sun began its descent over the snow covered mountain peaks.  I stopped and thought of you. Only you. What beauty the world around us holds. What masterpieces God creates for us to revel in and admire. What love and adoration He shows us through His creation. 
      
    I am sad that you will never experience this earthly beauty. One thing I am certain of though, sweet boy...if what I see from this side of heaven is this magnificent, I can't even begin to imagine or grasp the greatness of the beauty and splendor that surrounds you now. I don't have to describe to you the grandeur of heaven that we can only dream of; you already know. Because of you, little one, I now appreciate all that is around me with a much more profound sense of awe and gratitude. I stop and take it in. I find joy, wonder and amazement in the details. All because of you, Aaron.


I never knew that so much love and such great hurt could reside in my heart, simultaneously. But, they do...both for you. I miss you Aaron Matthew, with every ounce of my being. 


I love you sweet boy. Forever. 


Love, 
Mommy



We miss you little one.

2 comments:

  1. Life through the eyes of children is wondrous. To keep that wonder throughout life is a true blessing!
    Love you all so much!! mom xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, you post captured me...
    This line - if what I see from this side of heaven is this magnificent, I can't even begin to imagine or grasp the greatness of the beauty and splendor that surrounds you now.
    I think of this everyday. I find myself asking what it must look like from Heaven. Does the sunset appear the way it does on this side? The clouds, do they look the same? I just had this conversation with my husband a few days back.
    Thinking of you....

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Lena